Please support me in facing the fight against cancer.
Cancer has had a significant impact on my family over
many years, including most recently in 2021. Consider the following:
· My maternal grandfather died of kidney cancer in 1975 at the age of 62, just months before I was born.
· My cousin Tanya, who was born just a week after me, was diagnosed with acute myeloblastic leukemia in her teenage years, and died in 2001 at the age of 25.
· My Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2001 at the age of 60. He underwent surgery to remove the cancerous growth, and received chemotherapy treatment as well. He was fortunate to survive, and this year celebrated his 81st birthday.
· My wife’s father George was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery to remove the prostate in 2009. Like my Dad he survived his bout with cancer, and this year celebrated his 75th birthday.
· In early 2021 my cousin Susan became very ill and was subsequently diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. She passed away in October, just shy of her 65th birthday.
As you can see, cancer has touched my family at various times over the years, and these are just a few examples (unfortunately, there are numerous others). This is why I am participating in the BMO Ride for Cancer this year – to celebrate the memory of the people we have lost, to cherish and support those who have experienced cancer and survived, and also to work toward improved outcomes for people who will be diagnosed now and in the future.
The focus of our fundraising efforts this year is to help introduce a first-in-the-world cancer treatment option, called personalized radiotherapy. Pioneered and invented right here in Nova Scotia at the QEII Health Sciences Centre, this technology has the potential to transform the radiation treatment journeys for Atlantic Canadians facing a cancer diagnosis. This world-leading project will be entirely donor-funded through BMO Ride for Cancer and the QEII Foundation. Now more than ever, we need your support to help make personalized radiotherapy a reality. Learn more about this year’s cause and impact here>.
I would be most appreciative if you would support me in my ride by providing a donation – as much or as little as you are able to give. By doing so, you will be joining the scores of people who are contributing to this cause, in support of the efforts of the QEII to continue the fight against cancer. THANK YOU in advance for your support! Without your generosity, none of this would be possible.
Completed Profile Page
Shared Personal Page
Made a personal donation
Reached my fundraising goal!
Thank you to my Supporters